Removing a toilet seat is an effortless job to do if you know how. You ought not to call a professional a and spend some cash for this little job. Rather just follow our step-by-step instructions and do it by yourself. But first, you have to choose the right size and shape of your replacement toilet seat. Once you are done buying a new seat you are now ready to install it on your toilet.
- A new seat
- New bolts, nuts
- Cleaning: At first clean your old toilet bowl, tank, and seat. Don’t get dirty while installing a new seat! Then, place all the things you need near your toilet for easy access.
- Find the bolt: there are two bolts in the back that hook up the seat with the bowl. Some are plastic bolts while others may be brass-plated, depending on your toilet seat model and brand. This may also be covered with a plastic cap. Pop up the cap.
- Remove the bolt: Behind the bowl, there are two long bolts hooked up with the nut. These fittings are what hold your toilet seat in place. Time to use your wrench to loosen the nuts and remove them from bolts. Now remove the bolts from the bowl. After removing bolts you can easily remove the old seat and throw everything related to old seat or recycle if possible.
- After removing the old seat and lid you will see an empty rim and two holes near the water tank. Now clean these two holes with a toilet cleaner, rinse with water, and let it dry.
- There are two holes in your new seat. Adjust the holes of the new seat with the two holes in the bowl you just cleared earlier. Now put a bolt through each hole and insert a nut with each bolt. Tighten them with a wrench.
- Make sure that the new seat is properly adjusted with the rim
Final Thoughts on How to Replace a Toilet Seat
See, removing the old seat and install a new one is a very easy job to do. Just focus! Don’t get dirty while doing this or don’t get injured! That’s all. For further more information visit at: SimpleToilet.com