If you are like many Americans, the idea of buying a bidet may never have crossed your mind before. Some of you may not have even known what bidets are, before the great toilet paper shortage of 2020.
While we may all be wondering what people used before toilet paper, right now, bidet toilets were actually growing more popular in the United States, even before the TP shortage, and it’s easy to see why.
Especially since you don’t need a whole new toilet, there are “toilet topper” bidets which can be mounted like a new toilet seat. We’ll cover the case for bidets, then we’ll look at the best ones you can have shipped to your door.
- 1 The Case for Bidets
- 2 Butt, what does using a bidet feel like? (Pun intended)
- 3 How We Reviewed The Bidets on Our List
- 4 Top 10 Bidets
- 4.1 1. Whisper Bidet
- 4.2 2. GenieBidet Heated Seat/Blow Dryer
- 4.3 3. Achiotely Handheld Bidet Toilet Sprayer
- 4.4 4. Coway BidetMega 400
- 4.5 5. KOHLER K-5724-96 Puretide Manual Bidet
- 4.6 6. SonTiy Hand Held Bidet Sprayer for Toilet
- 4.7 7. Brondell Swash SE600 Bidet Toilet Seat
- 4.8 8. Universal Bidet Toilet Seat Sprayer
- 4.9 9. UKSAT Flushing Sanitary Device
- 4.10 10. TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET
- 5 Gettin’ You the Cleanest Backside
The Case for Bidets
To start, a bidet is more hygienic. You would never teach your child that wiping their hands with a dry paper towel was “enough” after going to the bathroom.
Wiping yourself with a dry piece of paper doesn’t really clean anything, though it removes liquids and most of the solids. A spray nozzle, however, can cleanse in two ways: with the water itself and the water pressure.
Going further a bidet helps prevent your toilet and plumbing from clogging. Instead of using handfuls of toilet paper to clean yourself, bidets reduce your use. As a result, there’s less paper to clog the lines when you flush!
And let’s be honest, when there is no TP on the shelves, a bidet means you can skip that quick shower — or using your old socks, or whatever other hacks you’ve discovered to get around not having any.
Using a bidet can also reduce your environmental impact. By cleaning yourself with sprayed water, you can consume less toilet paper, which can help save trees.
And it’s way better for the environment than using wet wipes.
Plus, these toilet seats don’t require any change to your home’s current plumbing. Installing an entire bidet would essentially require a remodel of your bathroom.
Bidet toilets, however, can easily be attached to the top of your existing toilet to replace your current toilet seat. There are also hand-held nozzles that can be used with your current toilet seat.
Comfort and health
The most important benefit of owning a bidet toilet is being comfortable. It may be challenging at first to change your bathroom habits, but introducing a bidet into your routine can greatly improve your health and well-being.
And for those who suffer from hemorrhoids or rashes, a bidet will clean sensitive areas without causing more irritation. The spray nozzle effectively cleanses specific difficult to reach areas.
The gentle pressure from the spray may also help you relax and release more easily.
Butt, what does using a bidet feel like? (Pun intended)
It’s a new sensation, for most Americans. We have several videos throughout this piece, with recommendations or information. This Buzzfeed video shows people using a bidet for the first time.
It’s worth a few minutes to get a little giggle, and some comfort because it’s just not a bad feeling.
How We Reviewed The Bidets on Our List
The first criteria we had was that all the bidets on our list are available to you. That is, they are in stock at the time of this writing, and can be shipped to the US without huge delays.
The second is that they do what they say they do. We scoured the internet to get real people’s opinions, not just paid-for praises.
The third is simple: value for the money. We won’t splash prices around on this article, as they change super fast online, but we found all of these would fit someone’s budget, and were a good deal for the benefit they offer.
Bear in mind, if you want temperature-controlled water, you’ll pay more.
You deserve the best for you, and we take pride in helping you make the most informed decision possible.
Top 10 Bidets
Below you will find videos, information, and a list of Bidets that you would be proud to own, in no particular order. We took pride in curating this list, you would be well served by any one of them.
You can click on the image, or the Amazon box, for any product, to check the specifics, prices, or order.
1. Whisper Bidet
Whisper Bidets are easy to install. They also work, if you don’t believe us, check out Ginger Billy’s opinion, here:
This machine is 100 percent sanitary, with a retractable spray wand, to prevent “splashback” — and other unfortunate bathroom moments — from making a mess of it. It’s made of quality materials, too.
A nice feature on this one is the water pressure dial, which allows you to find the perfect spray pressure for your down under. It also “clicks” into the off position making it easy to tell when it’s on or off.
- SUPERIOR HYGIENE PROTECTION – whisper's self-cleaning mode, full-length nozzle guard, and auto-retracting nozzle keep...
- PREMIUM WATER PRESSURE DIAL – whisper's water dial has a firm glide feel to find your desired water pressure and makes...
- HIGH QUALITY PARTS – whisper's metal water adapter, white hose w/ metal connectors, and durable/stain-resistant ABS...
2. GenieBidet Heated Seat/Blow Dryer
The GenieBidet takes things a step further, offering a heated seat and blow-drying, rendering your toilet paper needs minimal to zero.
It has a built-in nightlight — which may mean no one screaming at anyone else for making them fall into the toilet in the dark.
Not only that, but it’s also either manual or remote-controlled, self-cleaning and has a drain button for when you leave on vacation. Whenever that may be.
- ✅ NOTE: PLEASE View The Images below to Determine The Best Fit. Only Fits ELONGATED Toilet Models.
- ✅ REMOTE CONTROLLED or manually controlled. UL & FCC listed.
- ✅ ADJUSTABLE WATER pressure, water temperature & nozzle positions. Posterior and feminine cleaning & Pulsating Power...
3. Achiotely Handheld Bidet Toilet Sprayer
This toilet spray-wand doesn’t replace or sit in the place of your toilet seat. It’s more like the wand attachment in your kitchen.
It can be wall-mounted or mounted to the toilet and comes with all the hardware you need to install it.
This hand-held sprayer gives you multi-functional ability in the bathroom. From personal hygiene to spraying out cloth diapers, it does what you need done without you having to touch the water in the bowl.
- Healthy Water Pressure: Control the water pressure through buttons to achieve more thorough cleanliness and bring you a...
- Environmental protection: With this handheld bidet spray, you can save a lot of toilet paper, not only for the natural...
- Multiple uses: A simple bathroom spray kit set, which brings more convenience to your life. It can not only be clean...
4. Coway BidetMega 400
Well, we took Ginger Billy at his word again on this one: the Coway BidetMega 400.
This toilet topper bidet seat has a remote control, front and rear spray, and allows you to customize water temperature and flow rate. No wonder he calls it the Rolls Royce of bidets.
It’s also extremely hygienic with a built-in, three-stage cleansing system keeping nozzles and gaps clean. It comes in regular and elongated for larger toilet bowls.
5. KOHLER K-5724-96 Puretide Manual Bidet
This elongated mechanical bidet doesn’t require electricity. If you don’t have an outlet close to your “throne” and want the full experience, this one is for you.
This single want machine has spray settings for your bum and your front. It’s self-rinsing, so the wand stays clean. Use the manual wand to create a custom clean.
- Single wand provides ambient water cleansing
- Adjust water spray position and pressure using the convenient side handle
- Self-cleaning wand automatically rinses after each use
6. SonTiy Hand Held Bidet Sprayer for Toilet
This ergonomically designed, all-brass hand sprayer means no worry about cheap plastic parts quitting on you when you need them most.
They claim a 5-minute, no-tools-needed installation for this simple 7.5-inch sprayer. It can function as a diaper sprayer, personal bidet, and feminine hygiene sprayer.
It requires no electricity, and as long as you have water, you have a bidet. The SonTiy gives you the option to use a gentle wash or full-force spray as well.
- ►QUALITY GUARANTEED - LEAK FREE - Durable Solid Brass Handheld Bidet Sprayer. The chrome toilet bidet sprayer set have...
- ►HIGHLY RECOMMENDED the clean spa hand held bidet for high grade personal hygiene and perfect cloth diaper clean...
- ►UNRIVALED WATER FLOW SWITCHING TECHNOLOGY: this bathroom health faucet spay is easy to turn on/off. Multiple spray...
7. Brondell Swash SE600 Bidet Toilet Seat
This electric bidet requires a nearby outlet, but the nightlight, remote-control, and easy installation are all great features.
It features a power-friendly eco mode, as well as the cool-blue night light. You can customize your spray experience, with oscillationg front and rear sprayers. It also features a blow-drying feature.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR WASH: Vast user settings and one-touch auto mode deliver the most hygienic bathroom experience at the...
- EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE: This electronic bidet features a heated seat, warm air dryer and water wash, stainless-steel...
- EASY INSTALLATION: This bidet toilet seat measures 20.7” x 14.9” x 6.1” and comes with a 3.5’ power cord making...
8. Universal Bidet Toilet Seat Sprayer
This simple unit provides the basics of a bidet without changing your toilet seat. It attaches to your toilet below the current seat.
There are no extra bells and whistles on this sprayer. It comes with the bidet, a T-adapter, and hose. It uses fresh water from the toilet line but suggests using a longer hose for more comfortable rinsing (warmer water).
- DIY does not require any plumber.The product is in form of Kit with instructions for installation
- Nozzle adjustable for convenience and effectiveness for both sexes.
- May not fit some toilets please see all pics for compatibility. The T- connector of this bidet is not compatible for the...
9. UKSAT Flushing Sanitary Device
This sanitary sprayer (bidet) is simple as they come, no bells and whistles. It does have self-cleaning properties and a retractable nozzle though.
While we can’t say this one offers anything special, it is a bidet toilet, and does the job efficiently. It’s a cold-water rinse, with gentler “front” spray than rear.
10. TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET
This bidet “pre-mists” your toilet bowl, to prevent waste adhering to it. It is electronic and offers warm/cool water that can be adjusted to your preference.
The water adjustments are just the beginning. It has a heated seat, self-cleaning nozzle (before and after use) and a warm-air blow dryer for touchless booty cleaning.
- A REFRESHING CLEAN FOR EVERYONE - Gentle yet powerful water spray provides an effective clean; Adjustable warm water and...
- STEP INTO A LAVISH STANDARD OF LIVING – SoftClose heated bidet seat provides consistent warmth coverage over full seat...
- CLEAN INNOVATIONS OFFER PEACE OF MIND - PREMIST helps prevent waste from sticking by using the incoming water supply to...
Gettin’ You the Cleanest Backside
Each of these bidets has different high and low points. Some are electric, some are manual, some are hand-held, and others are full-seat, or added to your existing seat.
Right now, with bidets flying off the shelf nearly as quickly as TP, here are some important considerations:
- Do you have an outlet close enough to your toilet for an electric bidet?
- Is the model you want available to be shipped to you, soon?
- Does your family use cloth diapers for a child?
- What is your budget?
Your answers will help you choose the best bidet on our list. If you have electricity and a budget that will get you a top-of-the-line heated bidet, go for it!
If you have kiddos that use cloth diapers, a hand-sprayer does double duty.
If you are looking for something to easy the wipe, but not kill your budget, go for a simple set up.
No matter what you choose, a bidet is a good way to get a clean hind end.