Some weeks, you just don’t have energy to do much of anything around the home. The laundry might get chucked into the washer, and the kitchen counters get wiped up as messes are made, but otherwise, you might just let things go.
Except, you know you can’t ignore the bathroom. As a breeding ground for germs and diseases, the bathroom has got to get cleaned. But you just don’t have the energy for all that scrubbing and hours of cleaning that it will take to get it spotless.
However, if you don’t have to spend all that long cleaning, you can get back to the rest of your life, and actually catch a few moments of rest.
These bathroom cleaning hacks are the way to go to cut hours of work from your weekly cleaning regiment.
Bathroom Cleaning Hacks: Regular Cleaning
Get Rid of Water Spots on Chrome
If you’re like me and hate those water spots that show up on your chrome fixtures, grab some lemon wedges. Directly rub the meat of the lemon on the chrome and watch the water spots disappear.
Use Tea to Clean Your Mirrors
It might sound a little crazy, but tea and newspaper will get you the cleanest mirror possible without that nasty ammonia smell.
- Brew a batch of strong black tea.
- Let the tea cool slightly before using to clean.
- Dip a clean rag or cloth into the tea and rub on the entire surface of the mirror.
- Dry the mirror with an old newspaper.
Use Cola to Clean the Toilet Bowl
My husband is allergic to bleach, so I can’t use bleach products to clean the bathroom. Instead, I use coke to clean the toilet bowl.
- Pour the cola around the edges like you would with one of those angled toilet bowl cleaner bottles.
- Let the cola sit in the bowl for three to five minutes.
- Now, use that toilet brush and quickly remove the grime and residue with about a minute of gentle scrubbing with that brush.
Clean Your Toilet Brush
So, you cleaned the toilet, but now what do you do with that toilet brush?
A quick, easy way to dry it and prevent that gross water in the toilet brush holder is setting the brush down on the edges of the toilet bowl, with the brush hanging over the bowl.
Close the seat and lid down onto the brush handle, and let it stay there until the brush is completely dry.
Clear Out Odors
Get a bowl and fill it with coffee beans, then situate a few tea lights into the mix. Make sure the beans don’t get into the flames.
The smell will clear out the nasty odors associated with bathrooms and help to make the whole house smell warm and inviting.
Bathroom Cleaning Hacks: Deep Cleaning
Clean Your Fan Vent
You know that canned air that you get for your computer? Well, it’s perfect for use for cleaning the vents on your bathroom fan as well – and a lot easier than a vacuum cleaner. The skinny tube can get in there and blow out the dust you can’t get to with just a rag.
Clean that Shower Head
Make sure the water’s not going to get turned on, then remove the shower head and soak it in a zipper seal bag or plastic tub of vinegar. The grime and deposits will soak off, and your shower head will work like new again.
Use a Drill to Power Wash Your Tub Tile
If you’re working on a gross old shower, or just need to rejuvenate the tile, you can actually use a drill with some brushes to power wash your shower tile.
Be sure to watch a video or two to see how things attach and work.
Tackle that Nasty Grout
Grout looks amazing when you first put it in. But after a few months, all those showers can add a hint of yuck to the color. It might start turning orange or even black if water collects.
A quick, easy, and sanitizing solution is grabbing a bleach pen and “painting” over the grout with the bleach. No scrubbing required.
Clean Your Rubber Bath Mat
The bottom side of a rubber bath mat can be disgusting. But it doesn’t have to take hours of scrubbing to get all that nastiness gone.
Grab the mat, a bucket of hot water, a scrub brush, and some dish detergent. Soak the mat in the bucket with water and detergent for about an hour.
Then use the scrub brush to clean off the goo and grime. Much easier and safer than scrubbing with bleach.
Cleaning Your Bathroom Doesn’t Have to Be a Headache
These simple, easy, economical, and mostly chemical-free cleaning hacks can help shave off hours of cleaning time every week – and keep you from getting raw hands from scrubbing.
Just grab some basic household materials, like lemon juice, vinegar, canned air, and a drill – your bathroom will be clean, and fresh in no time.
- Unleash your inner Clean Freak with this multi surface cleaning spray that serves as a streak-free stainless steel...
- Makes cleaning easier with innovative power nozzle for large coverage that activates on contact to cut through dirt...
- Muscle out tough messes with 3x the cleaning power vs. the leading All Purpose Cleaner with bleach spray on kitchen...
- Toilet Cleaning system: add this toilet bowl Cleaner to your cleaning supplies includes 1 toilet wand, 1 storage Caddy,...
- Disposable sponges: these toilet scrub pad refill heads click onto the toilet wand to Swish, scrub and clean The toilet...
- Disinfecting cleaner: preloaded with Clorox cleaner, these disposable scrubbing pads deep clean and remove stains while...
- 🔶【5 Pack Grout Cleaning Brushes】-Multiple uses, including Scrub Brush×2, Tile Lines Brush×1, Groove Gap...
- 🔶【Scrub Brush】：Ergonomic design-Comfortable grip.It can clean the swimming pool/tile/bathroom etc.
- 🔶【Tile Lines Brush】: Help clean the corners of your home.It can clean the tile seam/car/tiny gap, etc.
Last update on 2021-04-23 at 04:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API