- 0.1 Delta Faucet R10000-UNBX MultiChoice Universal Tub & Shower Valve Body
- 0.2 Pfister 00131XA 3-HandelTub & Shower Rough-In Valve
- 0.3 KOHLER K-304-KS-NA Rite-Temp Pressure Balancing Valve
- 1 Best Shower Valve Reviews: 9 Shower Valve for the money in 2016
- 1.1 Moen TL181 Chateau Single HandelPosiTemp Pressure Balanced Valve
- 1.2 SR SUN RISE Square Manual Bathroom Shower & Mixer Valve
- 1.3 Grohe 19457001 Concetto Pressure Balance Valve Trim
- 1.4 Delta Foundations BT13010 Monitor 13 Series Valve Trim Only, Chrome
- 1.5 KES Bathroom Shower Faucet Set Solid Brass Rough-in Valve
- 1.6 KOHLER K-304-K-NA Rite-Temp Pressure Balancing Valve
- 1.7 Danze D112000BT Single Control Pressure Balance Mixing Valve
- 1.8 American Standlard R120SS20SS Pressure Balance Rough Valve
- 1.9 KOHLER K-728-K-NA Mastershower 2 or 3-Way Transfer Valve
- 2 Best Shower Valve Buying Guide
- 3 Things to Consider While Buying the Best Shower Valve
- 4 Guide to Shower Valves & Diverters
- 4.1 Twin thermostatic shower valve
- 4.2 Triple thermostatic shower valve
- 4.3 Twin thermostatic shower valve & diverter
- 4.4 Triple shower valve & diverter
- 4.5 How to mount or replace a shower valve?
- 4.6 Determine the Shelf Position
- 4.7 Prepare the Shelf Tile
- 4.8 Fix the Shelf
- 4.9 Finish Up
- 4.10 Installing Shower Shelf on Already Tiled Wall
- 4.11 Medicine Cabinets
- 4.12 Storage Cabinets
- 4.13 Find the Correct Mounting Position
- 4.14 Mark the Area for Reference
- 4.15 Attach Supports
- 4.16 Place the Cabinet
- 4.17 Finishing Steps
- 4.18 If Interested, Keep Reading:
Delta Faucet R10000-UNBX MultiChoice Universal Tub & Shower Valve Body
Delta Faucet MultiChoice Unversal is the best with extra ordinary features and materials. This product will allow you to improve the style of a shower without shifting the plumbing behind the wall.
The performance of the product is fairly well, and it can be used with different adopters/cartridges to supply three or six various combinations about how the ports are provided water.
The MultiChoice Universal Tub & Shower Valve is very easy to install and brass color makes is stylish. Operating too is easy. You don’t need to give effort while changing the temperature.
- Easy fixture changes without behind-the-wall plumbing alterations
- Accepts single, dual, or dual thermostatic cartridge
- Back-to-back ability
- Package includes an appropriate cartridge
- Brass construction
- No cartridge inside
Pfister 00131XA 3-HandelTub & Shower Rough-In Valve
Pfister is one of the most trusted and well known names in the plumbing industry so their HandelTub & Shower Rough-In Valve is another fantastic product without any doubt. The quality of this Shower Rough-In Valve is way amazing, and the product is so satisfying.
Pfister 00131XA 3-HandelTub & Shower Rough-In Valve is made with solid brass Valve, and the design is fantastic and stylish. This durable product will last for a couple of years easily.
With the threaded end, this valve is easy to install and operate. No doubt, it is worth the money.
- 3-Hole installation
- 1/2″ Union Inlets & 1/2″ I.P. Outlets
- Includes union nuts
- Excellent construction
- Excellent finishing
- Unfinished color
KOHLER K-304-KS-NA Rite-Temp Pressure Balancing Valve
The Rite-Temp Pressure Balancing Valve by KOHLER is another most amazing shower valve available in the market now. It includes a high-temperature limit stop and an optimal comfort zone so you can quickly set the maximum temperature level.
The design of this shower valve is pretty decent, and the finish is awesome. For installation, you don’t have to take any additional parts. With a perfect size screwdriver, you can quickly install it.
This product is pretty durable, and the quality is high enough.
- High-temperature limit stop
- Elegant design & finish
- Maintains water temperature with +/-3 degrees Fahrenheit
- Rite-Temp pressure-balancing mixing valve prevents scalding & freezing
- Excellent finishing
- No color options
Best Shower Valve Reviews: 9 Shower Valve for the money in 2016
If you have not found your perfect shower valve yet, you need to check out our 2nd part of the best shower valve reviews. It is packed with products that are made with quality material, but not that pricey. After the reviews, you surely will be able to pick one.
Moen TL181 Chateau Single HandelPosiTemp Pressure Balanced Valve
In plumbing industry, Moen is well known for their devotion to beautiful and well designed products which usually last so long. So, without any confusion, their Chateau Single HandelPosiTemp Pressure Balance Valve is well built and pretty stylish.
The controlling process of this shower valve is simple with the single control, and yet the product has adjustable anti-scald so you can set it and forget.
The shower valve fits perfectly, and it can work with any decorating style.
- Lever handle
- Easy to adjust water flow or temperature
- Chrome finish
- Greatly reflective for a mirror
- Works with any decorating style
- Built on the M-PACT common valve system
- Equipped with the PosiTemp pressure-balancing control valve
- Very rough to install
SR SUN RISE Square Manual Bathroom Shower & Mixer Valve
SR SUN RISE Square Manual Bathroom Shower Valve is well built and excellent for its fantastic design. This shower valve is made with a fine brass material with squire style. The color of the shower valve is silver. For any contemporary bathroom, this shower base is very suitable.
People who already use this product are impressed with the weight and quality of this one. The installation procedure is a bit tricky but if you read the instruction manual perfectly then, it’s not a big deal.
However, SR SUN RISE Square Manual Bathroom Shower Valve is the best for the price.
- Imported high quality Ceramic valve
- Valve Type: Concealed Shower Valve, contain NPT Thread Adapters;
- Supplies hot & cold water
- Fixed shower head, and handled shower head combo
- Wall mounted propose for contemporary bathroom
- Need to read the instruction manual for Installation
Grohe 19457001 Concetto Pressure Balance Valve Trim
Grohe Concetto Pressure Balance Valve Trim is another best shower valve available in the market with a great finish, exceptional style, and perfect material. However, this shower valve has no exception for its simplicity and excellent quality.
The installation process is also very simple. It has got solid brass forged body, classically styled handle for easy usage and featured multi-choice universal rough valve body.
Grohe Concetto Pressure Balance Valve Trim looks fantastic and it is long lasting. You can grab it without any hesitation.
- For use with GrohSafe® Rough-In Valve (35 015)
- Includes Lever Handel
- Classically styled faucets & accessories
- Handel the toughest of tasks with ease
- Solid brass forged body
- Classically styled handle
- No available color option
Delta Foundations BT13010 Monitor 13 Series Valve Trim Only, Chrome
The Delta Foundation BT13010 Core-B Monitor 13 Series Shower Valve Trim will provide you smooth control with its simple single handle. The Delta Foundation designed the shower valve to impress the customer with fine material and well finish.
The installation process of this shower valve isn’t a tough job to do also it looks decent and good. The handle of this shower valve is sturdy and better according to so many customers who already tried this one and actually, it is.
It fits perfectly and also comes with cartridge too. In this price range, this product is better than you imagine.
- Monitor Scald-Guard valve keeps water temperature within +/-3-DegreeF
- Solid brass construction ensures quality & reliability
- Sensible styling that complements any home
- For utilize with MultiChoice Universal rough valve body
- Easy installation
- No color preference
KES Bathroom Shower Faucet Set Solid Brass Rough-in Valve
KES’s always try to delight their customers with high quality products, no exception with this Solid Brass Rough-in Valve. The shower valve is durable with solid brass material and stainless steel Trim. If you are trying to grab a perfect quality shower valve, than this is the best choice for you.
The handle is suitable for easy use and the installation process is simple enough. Controlling procedure is however so decent and you can maintain the temperature effortlessly.
The design is very minimalists that seem elegant and fancy with no excess anything. In an inexpensive price, this shower valve has no competitor.
- Solid brass body
- Rough-in faucet body
- Constructed from high quality brass.
- Easy operation
- Single lever design for effortless flow & temperature control.
- Connection Size: 1/2-Inch IPS, straight threads.
- Solid metal plate:
- Faceplate is made from solid stainless steel
- Contemporary style
KOHLER K-304-K-NA Rite-Temp Pressure Balancing Valve
Rite-Temp Pressure Balancing Valve is effective shower valve from the KOHLER’s. This shower valve works to avoid scalding and freezing for a secure and safe water supply. The valve includes a high- temperature limit stop and an optimal comfort zone so you can easily maintain the water temperate level.
Kohiler’s Rite-Temp Pressure Balancing Valve is extremely durable and well built, the finish is awesome and design is fair enough.
If you follow the instruction manual carefully than you alone can install it without any plumber’s help.
- Proven diaphragm design virtually eliminates freeze-ups from contamination & water debris
- Rite-Temp pressure-balancing valve
- Prevents scalding & freezing
- Easy to find & maintain the right temperature
- Back-to-back installation is perfect for unique or high-volume jobs
- No color preference
Danze D112000BT Single Control Pressure Balance Mixing Valve
As Danze’s shower vales are designed with anti-scald protection so this D1120000 Single Control Pressure Balance Mixing Valve promises that the water will remain thermostatic and the temperature range will be safe and secure. This shower valve offers a high flow rate that makes it different from other shower valves.
It provides great performance even in the low water pressure. Danze Single Control Pressure Balance Mixing Valve has the mounting bracket and plaster guard. This shower valve is fairly well built and durable and the design is not bad at all.
It provides a good temperature balancing system. If you are not a fan of Danze than after use this shower valve you will be that I can ensure you.
- Ceramic disc valve provides smooth turning action & prevents drips
- With temperature limit adjustment
- Combination 1/2-Inch copper sweat/IPS 4-port hook up
- Back-to-back installation attribute
- Mounting bracket & plaster guard included
- No color preference
American Standlard R120SS20SS Pressure Balance Rough Valve
The American Standlard Pressure Balance Rough Valve is another effective shower valve that has the capability to make you happy. This one is well built and it can adjust temperature quite smartly. It is an excellent valve that offers control over the volumes of water that flows.
The handle of this shower valve is fair enough which offers lifetime smoothness. It is easy to control and maintain also it last for so long. You can purchase this product for better and clean performance without any confusion.
- Bath / shower accessory
- Brass pressure balance valve body
- Ceramic disc valves
- Lifetime of smooth handle operation
- Drip-free performance
- Turns water on & off & adjusts temperature
- Gives added benefit of adjusting flow of water from a trickle to full force
- Single color available
KOHLER K-728-K-NA Mastershower 2 or 3-Way Transfer Valve
This MasterShower 2- or 3-way Transfer Valve is our last pick. This one is another most attractive and well built shower valve that can easily blow your mind with its versatility. This valve is shipped as a three-way transfer valve, to permit control of three separate components to six different output options.
The valve can also simply be configured onsite to be used as a two-way transfer valve, for manage of two component shower applications. One valve is providing solutions for a wide variety of personalized showering experiences.
However, this shower valve is well built and durable enough. The installation is a bit tricky though but if you read the installation manual carefully it will not be a problem for you to install it.
- Patented K-joint installation
- Consistent trim appearance
- Manages all functions from a single valve
- Required transfer valve trim works in both two- & three-way applications
- 3/4-Inch inlet
- Tricky installation
So, have you found yours from the above given shower valve reviews? Let us know. And don’t leave we have got a few great buying tips for you that will help to choose the best shower valve.
Best Shower Valve Buying Guide
Shower valves manage the flow of water to the ‘outlets’, for example a slide rail kit, a fixed shower head or body jets. imagine of the valve as the engine that powers the spray jobs or the brain that brings water, music, steam, and light together for a full sensory skill.
There are a number of ways to power & control the water in your shower, conditional on the look and the kind of experience you desire, from traditional physical valves and controls to a digital valve and touchscreen. Just as you are enjoying a nice, hot shower, a blast of icy cold water events shivers down your spine. Or, worse, someone flushes a toilet and the shower water crackles your skin.
Today, we are about to check the trendiest collection of best shower valve first and then check, how to buy the best shower valve as well.
What is a Shower Valve?
Startling thermal shocks from hot or cold water can trigger serious falls, mainly in older or actually challenged people. And, since children have thinner skin than adults, they are particularly vulnerable to scald burns from hot water.
The shower valve comes very effective this time and ease the difficulties in a bit. This guide will show the way you through the differences and assist you find the best shower valve for you.
Things to Consider While Buying the Best Shower Valve
Shower valves are used to control the flow of water, similar to the tap on your basin. They come in a diversity of styles to match a whole host of shower fittings, so finding one that complements your bathroom is simple, & you can even buy shower valve sets to ensure your shower head matches.
Types of the Best Shower Valve
Before you browse, there are two major types of shower valves to consider:
Thermostatic shower valves
A thermostatic shower valve is made to maintain the temperature of your water, so if somebody flushes the toilet or turns on a tap elsewhere in the house, you won’t experience a scalding or freezing blast of water.
Thermostatic shower valves tend to have two or more handles. 1 handle is to control the temperature, & the other is to turn the water on & off. Once you’ve adjusted the temperature handle to the ideal level of heat, you can leave it in that position & simply use the on-off tap each day to make sure the water is always at your preferred temperature.
Some thermostatic shower valves have three handles; these are usually referred to as triple thermostatic valves. These are necessary when you wish to control two outlets, & are frequently found in showers that have body jets as well as a conventional shower head.
For families with children, a thermostatic shower valve is frequently the best option as they usually feature an anti-scald device.
Manual shower valves
A manual shower valve frequently has only one handle, & this is used to control the temperature & water flow in the same way as a mixer tap you might discover on a sink.
Typically, there is no separate handle for turning the shower on & off, so the temperature must be adjusted every time you take a shower.
Unlike thermostatic shower valves, manual ones do not control the temperature of the water, so should somebody turn on a tap elsewhere in the house, you may find that the water runs too hot or too cold.
This can signify manual shower valves aren’t always suitable for households with children, as there is the option that the water may become dangerously hot.
Deciding which shower valve you need can sometimes be confusing. Do you require a twin valve, triple valve or one with a diverter? To make the choice easy, we have put together this simple guide on shower valves & diverters.
Guide to Shower Valves & Diverters
Twin thermostatic shower valve
- The other handle controls the water flow
- Controls a single shower function
- 1 handle controls the temperature
Triple thermostatic shower valve
- 1 handle controls the temperature
- Supplies 2 shower functions or outlets & both shower functions can be on at the same time.
- The other 2 handles are both flow controls for each function or outlet
Twin thermostatic shower valve & diverter
- 1 handle controls the temperature
- Enables you to switch the water from shower purpose 1 to 2 e.g. from an overhead shower to a smaller slider rail kit
- The other handle is the diverter which switches the water among the 2 shower functions
Triple shower valve & diverter
- 1 handle is a diverter which switches water flow among one of two outlets (or it can be set so that both are off) e.g. overhead shower or slider rail kit
- Supplies 3 shower functions or outlets
- 1 handle controls the temperature
- The final handle is a flow control which alone controls a third function or outlet from full on to full off e.g. typically body jets
How to mount or replace a shower valve?
Whether you’ve selected a thermostatic shower valve or a manual one, installing or replacing it isn’t usually too complicated if you are working with copper or plastic pipes.
However, if your home is fairly old & has galvanized steel pipes, then it is better to call a plumber who will have the specialized tools necessary to carry out the work.
A ceramic shower shelf is a decorative & functional addition to your ceramic finished shower. The shelf is very simple to install, using the correct set of tools & following simple directions.
The shelf will provide convenient storage space & help you organize your shower. It is installed as you tile your entire wall as well as on your already tiled wall. You can mount a number of shelves at different heights along the corners of your shower.
Determine the Shelf Position
A shower shelf is finest placed at the corner of your wall. Decide on the height of the shelf. Hold the shelf tile & use a pencil to mark the preferred location on the wall. Also decide on the number of shelves you want to put up. Preferably, 2 shelves will serve you quite well.
Prepare the Shelf Tile
Take the cardboard & use the scissors to cut a template of the shelf. This will show you on how to cut the tile following the right measurements. Pick up the cardboard template & use it to cut out the tile with the tile saw.
The shelf is placed in between two wall tiles for support. Tile the shower walls pending you get to the height where you want to place the shelf.
Fix the Shelf
Place the shelf tile & mark using the pencil the wall tiles to be mounted above the shelf. This will show the cuts that need to be made so that the shelf fits correctly.
Before marking, ensure that the tile above is well aligned with those on its sides. Cut the tile above the shelf accurately along the marked lines. Place the shelf tile back after making adjustments. Make sure that both borders are firmly fixed into the corner using the adhesive.
Proceed with tiling your shower awaiting you have covered all the walls. Apply grout as a finishing touch evenly on the shelf. Clean up your shower & enjoy the convenience of your shower shelf.
Installing Shower Shelf on Already Tiled Wall
When you need to adjoin a ceramic shower shelf on an already tiled wall, get a tile with screws. Hold the tile against the wall at the correct position you want to install the shelf & mark the wall through the screw holes. Drill through the wall at the manifest areas.
The holes should be 0.25 to 05-inches deep. Take the shelf & align the screw holes with the drilled holes on the wall. interleave screws through the holes, tight enough to secure the shelf firmly into place. Cover the screws with ornamental caps that come with the shelf.
Wall-mounted bathroom cabinets are a magnificent way to save space in your bathroom, reduce clutter, & store personal items out of the way. There are numerous different kinds of wall-mounted bathroom cabinets from which to choose; each has its own purpose & use.
Medicine cabinets are frequently wall-mounted above the bathroom sink & below the bathroom mirror, or include the mirror itself. Medicine cabinets can be little, made of metal with little plastic doors or constructed of wood & have mirror doors attached for ease of utilize.
Bathroom storage cabinets can be stacked or mounted as a single cabinet on the bathroom wall. This kind of storage cabinet can be filled with everything from towels to extra toiletries. Storage cabinets are wall-mounted over the toilet for convenience & ease of use.
Bathroom storage cabinets can be made of metal, wood, or even glass. You can even find bathroom storage cabinets with glass doors that are frosted, clear, or made of stained glass.
For many homeowners, a combination of several different types of bathroom cabinets inclusive their bathroom storage needs. Here are 5 steps to build your own.
Find the Correct Mounting Position
Using a stud finder, mark the position of the wall studs in the area where you want to hang your wall-mounted bathroom cabinet. Hanging your cupboard on wall studs will ensure that your cabinet will not collapse off of the wall when you place any heavier items in it.
Mark the Area for Reference
Using your level & straight edge, draw a level horizontal line on the wall where the base of each wall-mounted cabinet will be placed. Lightly map your cabinet position by penciling in your cabinet on the wall where you aim to place it.
Temporarily attach a 1×3-inch wood support rail down the line you have just drawn for the bottom edge of your cabinet with three or four 2-inch screws, drilling them keen on the wall studs. utilize your level to make sure this support rail is even & your cabinets will hang level.
Place the Cabinet
Lightly place your cabinet on the upper edge of your temporary support rail & hold it against the wall. Drill pilot holes throughout the strong sturdy part of the cabinet back or the support rail of the cabinet into your positioned wall studs.
Using wall screws at least 1.5-inches long or longer, screw the cabinet to the wall as it rests on the support.
Remove the temporary wall support. Wall-mounted bathroom cabinets are often a great explanation for bathroom storage needs.
Wall-mounted cabinets solve space challenges that come with small bathrooms. Many homeowners find that they can mount just a few wall-mounted bathrooms’ cabinets & solve their storage needs.
We hope this complete guide to buy the best shower valve will help you to find a quality valve and you can mount at by yourself. Write to us in case of any sort of difficulties.
If Interested, Keep Reading:
- Best Fogless Shower Mirror
- Best Shower Base Reviews
- Best Toothbrush Holder Reviews
- Best Rain Shower Head Reviews
- Best Shower Head Panels Reviews
- Best Handheld Showerhead
- Best Steam Shower Generators Reviews